5 Basic Principles of Unity
Unity makes a strong point of not requiring its members to espouse any one particular belief or creed. We believe instead that each member is on a journey for Truth within his or her own soul. With that said, here are five principals that most Unity church members would agree are guided by:
• There is only one God. God is absolute good, omnipresent (always present) and omnipotent (all-powerful).
• God is Spirit. Human beings have a spark of divinity within them, the Christ spirit within. Their very essence is of God, and therefore they are inherently good also. God is neither male nor female, but is Spirit and resides in everything (people, animals, trees, soil, and even the air we breathe). God is present in all people, not just some. Jesus Christ obtained the fullest expression of God. He is the example, not the exception.
• Thought dictates action. Human beings create their experiences by the activity of their thinking. Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought.
• Prayer is a direct link to God. Prayer is creative thinking that heightens the connection with God-Mind and therefore brings forth wisdom, healing, prosperity and everything good.
• Daily practice. Knowing and understanding the laws of life–also called the Truth–are not enough. A person must also live the truth that he or she knows.